2010-04-09

Porky's


Porky's (Bob Clark, 1982)

This Bob Clark feature film was largely inspired by some of his teenage years growing up and discovering sexuality.

Like many comedies, the story isn't very important, it's the many events and made-up situations to make a gag or to tell a joke that really counts here. I didn't laugh that much while watching Porky's. The thing that make me laugh the most was because we used to call one of my friend Pee-Wee for the annoying red-head character in Porky's. On the comedy level, it put the standard of teenage sex matter movies and opened the way for the American Pie series. Today Porky's seems harmless but in 1982 it was a real bomb and for many film enthusiasts it's a cult film! Like for others The Rocky Horror Picture Show is a cult film...

I don't really know what to think about it. I didn't hated it neither did I loved it but it is definitely funny and juvenile... I think having seen it at 15 I would have laughed my ass out...



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...