Top 10 of 2010
With a three delay I've decided to publish this work in progress of last year. Even if I haven't seen that many films of 2010 amongst the 221 films I watched this year, I put down the top of the best films of the year. The ones I prefered for many reasons, but especially their directing. I've seen some particular Top 10s but I think that the disparity is a good sign because it proves that there is still good filmmaking for everyone.
Some of my choices are personal preferences over other films but tastes can't be discussed. Analyzed yes.
1. Black Swan (Darren Aronofsky)
2. The Social Network (David Fincher)
3. Shutter Island (Martin Scorsese)
4. The Killer Inside Me (Michael Winterbottom)
5. Inception (Christopher Nolan)6. The Kids Are All Right (Lisa Cholodenko)7. The Ghost Writer (Roman Polanski)
8. Greenberg (Noah Baumbach)
9. Incendies (Denis Villeneuve)
10. The Fighter (David O. Russell)
* I'll try to update this list with the new films I'll be watching in the next weeks.Runners-up: The American (Anton Corbjin) Alice In Wonderland (Tim Burton) for its visual achievment, Toy Story 3 (Lee Unkrich).Films I haven't seen so far that can change this Top: True Grit, The Town, I Am Love, Hadewijch, Blue Valentine, Winter's Bone, Enter The Void, Scott Pilgrim vs. the World, Carlos, Easy A, Certified Copy, Uncle Boonmee Who Can Recall His Past Lives, Machete, Kick-Ass.
I invite you to put a link to your Top 10 or if you don't have a blog to write your favorite films of the year!