2011-09-30

Top films of Michael Mann by LMdC


Given the opportunity to make a top or a list of films is always something I jump on head first. Since Mann is the Director of the month at the LAMB I’ve decided to make a little late contribution of my own. This is a modest top since of the 10 films directed by Michael Mann, I’ve only seen 4. But, you know there’s always a but, it will be a great pretext to catch the six omissions listed below. As always comments are welcomed and I encourage you to make your own top and recommend me one of the films I haven’t seen from Mann.

1. Heat (1995)
2. Public Enemies (2009)
3. Miami Vice (2006)
4. Collateral (2004)

I still need to see Ali, The Insider, The Last of The Mohicans, Manhunter, The Keep, and Thief.

4 comments:

  1. I would recommend Thief because that is quintessential Mann, and secondly The Last of The Mohicans for the epicness.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd recommend The Last Of The Mohicans too, it always leaves me with a lump in my throat.
    I'm also a big fan of Heat, I watched it twice in the cinema when it was released and Miami Vice was my favourite tv series, so you could say that Michael Mann has a had a big impact on my life!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanx Paul! Heat is a great film and it ages really well! The Last Of The Mohicans never interested me much but I guess since everybody recommend it to me I'll have to catch it sometime!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...