2010-12-24

Top films of Charles Chaplin by LMdC


As a Christmas offering to you all, and to me too, I choosed to post the Top movies of one of my favorite filmmaker of all-time: Charles Chaplin. I listed his feature films and omitted many of the shorts he directed, well some can throw tomatoes at me but I think it makes the list thinner and better.
Feel free to click on the titles with the links, they lead you to my reviews of the films.

1. Modern Times (1936)
2. The Great Dictator (1940)
3. The Gold Rush (1925)
4. Limelight (1952)
5. City Lights (1931)
6. The Kid (1921)
7. Shoulder Arms (1918)

8. Circus (1928)
9. Monsieur Verdoux (1947)

10. A King in New York (1957)
11. A Woman of Paris (1923)


* I still haven't seen A Countess From Hong Kong (1967) and I don't think it would change the top positions here.

3 comments:

  1. I'm seeing 'The Circus' at the theater on January 4th! In Ottawa, one of our theaters is doing a Chaplin-O-Thon in January!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lucky man! The first Chaplin I've seen was "The Great Dictator" in Theaters with one of my best friends and it's one of my best cinematic memories! "The Circus" is a great film!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is quite an agreeable list. Until I re-watch Limelight and The Great Dictator, I am not making a post about chaplin. I had intentions of an overview about 5 months ago. Still gotta get round to watching limelight.
    But yes, your top six are all films of his I love dearly.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...