2012-03-29

New York City

As we are planning our trip to NYC, my wife and I, for Easter week-end I would like to ask you what are your recommendations for a cinephile like me. I’ve already been there three times and this time I will be Record hunting, wandering in the streets, Central Park, Cafés, restaurants, maybe going to a New York Rangers game, etc.

1 - Movie shooting locations Which ones should I have seen? I want to finally see the place they shot Ghostbusters (the old fire station).

2 - Record hunting. For those who know me well know that I am a decent music lover. Collecting vinyls is the pinnacle of my love for music. What are the stores I must visit to discover the best choice and also prices.

3 - Music venues. Which club or venue should I go to and try to get tickets for a show?

4 - SNL. Should I try to wait for a ticket of the recording of Saturday Night Live? Or even if I go there by six o’clock Saturday morning I won’t be able to be in the audience.

5 - Shopping. Where is the best place to shop for clothes and accessories? (this one is to please my wife and also me ‘cause I need new shoes).

- Anything worth mentioning!

Thank You very much and every suggestion will be appreciated!

2 comments:

  1. It's been a few years since I've been back, but I always love visiting NYC. It's such an amazing place. Every corner is a movie shooting location :)

    For records there are some great shops in the Lower East Side, I cant recall the names but wander around the neighborhood and you'll find them.

    I've been to concerts in Central Park, Radio City, Bowery Ballroom, Webster Hall, and Joe's Pub, all different but great venues, and last time out I saw Radiohead twice at the All Points West festival in Liberty State Park.

    Never been to SNL or Letterman though, I don't have the patience to stand in line for that long.

    For shopping nothing beats walking around Soho, I can't usually afford the prices, but I love people-watching, and chances are you will see a famous face while wandering around down there.

    I hope you have a great time in The City!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! I've noted your tips! I think SNL the season is finished so I won't be attending anyway...

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...