2014-02-04

February Update: Mike's Movie Goals 2014



Last year when I made my resolutions for 2013 I pretty much made a list of films that were films I wanted to watch in priority and some blindspot directors. Just look at my original post here.
During the year, I modified those goals and I got circling around the list because I thought it was already too planned for me. I still like to follow my moods when I choose a movie to watch. This is why as you’ll see I’ve kept a certain freedom in my goals for 2014 and instead of listing a definite list of films I wanted to watch, I  will challenge myself to mix things up with a wider range of goals.

Remember this banner?

Québécois films
So far I started well with this category having seen one film.


My goal is 12 for the year or one per month.
So far : 1/ 12 (J'ai mon voyage!)

The Globetrotter Section
NOt bad as a debut, I was so appalled by A. Weerasethakul's films that I'm digging into his films right now. After I'll isit some other countries for my benefit!


For 2014, my goal is to watch at least a film per continent (America (South), Europe, Asia, Africa, Oceania) and from thirty different countries.
So far : 2/5 continents 4/30 countries (France, Iran, Thailand, Japan)

The Academy AwardsI'm a bit behind but I'll be watching Dallas Buyers Club this week and a couple of others. I hope to meet this goal this year!


So far: 2/9 (American Hustle, Gravity)

The 1000 Greatest Films of All Time 
Very good start let's hope I'll keep the pace this year! With ten in one month I hope to achieve this sooner than last year.

So far : 10/100 (Point Blank, Hoop DreamsOne, Two, Three, Through the Olive Trees, Shoah, Uncle Boonmee Who Can Recall His Past Lives, Tropical Malady, The Big Heat, The Docks of New York, Beyond the Valley of the Dolls
Marty!

The Martin Scorsese Completist
Not one film yet.


Here’s a list of the ones I still haven’t seen : The Wolf of Wall Street, Hugo, Living in the Material World, A Letter to Elia, No Direction Home, The Blues, Kundun, A Personal Journey With Martin Scorsese Through American Movies.
So far : 0/8

2012 Sight and Sound Poll – Top 250 by Critics
Three done so far and I've liked them to different levels!

So far : 194/250 (Shoah, Uncle Boonmee Who Can Recal His Past Lives, Tropical Malady)
John Ford

Great Directors SectionA few seen but I'm planning on doing a marathon of Fritz Lang pictures in the weeks to come.

So far : 0/10 Ford 1/10 Lang (The Big Heat) 0/5 Renoir 3/5 Wilder (The Fortune Cookie, The Last Weekend, One, Two, Three)

Different Voices
This might be my best start so far. It will easily be done if I'm keeping such a good pace
So far : 8/25 (Joseph Gordon-Levitt, Greg Mottola, Jacques Russo, Steve James, Claude Lanzmann, Apichatpong Weerasethakul, Kon Ichikawa, Denis Héroux)


So what do you think of those goals? Did you planned some movie related resolutions this year?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...