2014-09-25

Fall 2014 Blindspot Series


 
As fall came, it was the time to get back on track with a last push towards the end of the year. By this, I mean that with the obvious break in movie watching with last summer (the birth of my daughter Sofia, the maintenance of my home, work I did and still have to do to finish the renovations of my house, a bit of skateboarding) I’ve imposed to myself a couple of mandatory titles that I named blindspots. With the back to school season it brings me to do my homeworks and get to those films that are essential for a Film Historian. Some are really mandatory (M), others are films I look forward (LF), and finally some titles I’m curious about (C).

Here’s the list of films :


The Princess Bride (M)
Titanic
(M)
Memories of Underdevelopment (C)
Beau travail (C)
The Mother and the Whore (M)
Spring in a Small Town (C)
Kind Hearts and Coronets (LF)
Come and See (LF)
Kes (LF)
Tabu (Murnau) (LF)
The Long Goodbye (LF)
Le Corbeau (Clouzot) (LF)
Juliet of the Spirits (LF)
All That Jazz (LF)
Numero deux (C)
The Story of a Cheat (LF)
Safe (C)
The Enigma of Kaspar Hauser (LF)
The Holy Mountain (LF)
La Haine (LF)
Gummo (LF)
Doctor Zhivago (C)
Au revoir les enfants (LF)
The Ghost and Mrs. Muir (C)
The Bad and the Beautiful (C)
The Threepenny Opera (C)
Van Gogh (M)
Out of Africa (M)
A Canterbury Tale (LF)
The Adventures of Prince Achmed (C)
My Own Private Idaho (C)
Picnic at Hanging Rock (C)
Roman Holiday (C)
Crumb (LF)


Needless to say that it is a list inspired by my main goal as a film watcher to complete the TSPDT 1000 Greatest Films of All Time list. However, all the films have been on a list or another and I’ve been wanting to watch some of these tittles for some years now. For example, Tabu, The Long Goodbye, La Haine, Gummo, Roman Holiday, and Le Corbeau.

I will be updating the list with the links to the films on the list as I review them.

So have fun and challenge yourself with a film today!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...