10 Movie facts About Me (meme)
1. The first movie I've seen in a Theater was Die Hard: With a Vengeance (1995). I know it's a little late in my life, I was 12 years old. But my parents were not cinemagoers and we didn't had much money so they prefered home rentals.
2. The best memory of my childhood is Ghostbusters and even today it has a special place in my favorite films. I must admit it scared the hell out of me!
3. I've never seen a film by: John Cassavetes, Rainer Werner Fassbinder, William Wyler, King Vidor, Jacques Rivette, Hsiao Hsien Hou, Jean-Pierre Melville, and so many others I probably don't even know their name yet.
4. In 2006 I was at Nice in France near Cannes, and I saw Quentin Tarantino and Robert Rodriguez walking together, and I'm ashamed to say I was too shy to go talk with them...
5. My ultimate cinephile goal is to achieve to see all the films on the They Shoot Pictures 1000 Greatest Films. I am now at 422, so 578 to go!
6. I must admit, I hated to death À Bout de Souffle the first time I watched it. Now having seen other Godard films, I must say I really think it's a good film and I'm thinking of rewatching it pretty soon.
7. I am not a religious person at all. I even dislike all religions equally, but when I enter in a movie theater I'm always feeling like I enter in a temple... Well, I could say movies are my "religion".
8. The movies of the last decade I didn't had the chance to see yet and that I'm looking forward to see are: Miami Vice, Requiem For A Dream, Donnie Darko, Yi Yi, Ghost World, Synecdoche, New York, and Let the Right One In.
9. My dream is to become a film director and my goal is to be a paid movie critic before I turn 30 (in 3 years) and live of my passion.
10. If I have to pick a favorite movie genre I would have to go with comedy (Woody Allen, Wes Anderson, Noah Baumbach, Ernst Lubitsch, Billy Wilder, Charlie Chaplin, Buster Keaton, etc). Even I, am surprise of this fact but this is the kind of films I can watch again and again! A great comedy always makes me feel good.
That's it for me, I looking forward to read yours to! So feel free to link or list them in the Comments!
I always love to read your comments and I enjoy them all!