2011-03-31

Top films of John Ford by LMdC


The ultimate American director of all time. His realism and his understanding of the American pathos and how its society must relies on true hearted values made this grit character a really sentimental man below his common man peel. Like Orson Welles once said, John Ford is the poet of American Cinema his simple prose and his almost transparent aesthetic made his better films so true you could think you were watching true events. A legend in filmmaking History.

1. The Man Who Shot Liberty Valance
2. The Searchers
3. The Grapes of Wrath
4. She Wore A Yellow Ribbon
5. My Darling Clementine
6. Stagecoach
7. Two Rode Together

8. Fort Apache
9. Young Mr. Lincoln

10. The Long Voyage Home
11. Drums Along the Mohawk
12. How Green Was My Valley
13. They Were Expandable


Sadly, those are the only John Ford films I had the chance to see, so keep around because this Top will get updated when my viewings evolve.

4 comments:

  1. Besides those you listed, I highly recommend Wagon Master. Contains everything great about Ford, and few of the flaws.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the recommandation Groggy Dundee! I'm glad I found someone who likes John Ford as much I as I do! Wagon Master is already on my films to watch list!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My Father's a massive John Ford fan and grew up on films like She Wore A Yellow Ribbon.
    Thanks to his influence I've seen five of the films on your list and I'm hoping to catch up on the rest of Ford's ouvre in the future.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great! Ford's oeuvre has familial values tattoed all over the place. It's nice that you can share this with your Father!
    To discover the rest of his dense filmography is one of my cinephile goals! I'm glad you enjoyed it too!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...