2011-10-05

400th Post on Le Mot du Cinephiliaque

Wow! It’s been more than two years since I started to ramble about movies on this modest but passion driven blog. At first, with only some reviews of theatrical releases I struggled to write in French and English at the same time. Later, I choose to only express my thoughts in the tongue of Shakespeare, which isn’t my mother tongue by the way. I know sometimes that my “propos” isn’t as clear as I wanted it to be or that some reviews may need to be rewritten or revised, but the soul is there and I think that I could maintain and elevate my writing with the years to come. This little hobby has become a passion and maybe an obsession.

In the beginnings, the comments were few and I had to fight through the jungle that is movie blogging to find my own niche and recurring readers.

But now, with other classic films/repertoire/foreign films enthusiasts I think I found many great bloggers to share my thoughts and comment on their own lairs.

As to this date I’ve decided to impose myself a number of goals to attain before the end of the year 2011. Here they are:
*Obtain my 50th follower.
*Post my 500th post
*Watch 150 films (total for 2011) I’ve never seen
*Improve my writing skills and my ability with HTML
*Post a comment on a new blog everyday

All of these goals will help me maintain the quality and the quantity of LMdC as a whole. Moreover, it will help me to be a perfect candidate for the Online Film Critics Society.

I’d like to thank everyone who comments and participate in this great adventure that is movie blogging with me and our community of bloggers!

See you next post!

5 comments:

  1. Congrats on 400 posts Michael and good luck on attaining those goals.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations! This is one of my favorite film sites that I've discovered in the last year, so keep up the great work!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Belated congrats on the milestone! I'm really impressed that you can run such an interesting blog in a second language. Keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you so much! I'm working really hard to keep a quality in the content and in the written language. It,s nice to have positive comments afterwards!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...