2011-12-31

Crazy, Stupid, Love.

Crazy, Stupid, Love. (Glenn Ficarra & John Requa, 2011)

Lately I've been catching up on films of 2011 and I recently reviewed Friends With Benefits claiming that it probably wasn't the best comedy of the year, well Crazy, Stupid, Love. is a great containder for this category at the time I am writing those lines. Well, someone could say that I haven't seen much of the 2011 released, one would be damn right about it. I am still advancing that so far Crazy, Stupid, Love. is the best comedy of the year I've seen so far.

Cal Weaver (Steve Carell) is on the verge of a surprise divorce with his wife Emily (Julianne Moore) who just cheated on him with David Lindhagen (Kevin Bacon). But, one night playboy Jacob Palmer (Ryan Gosling) decides to take care of Cal and help him regain his pride, his image, and his wife. This simple story blends love, friendship, family, and lots of great comedy-filled moments with once again a superb cast of supporting actors; Emma Stone, Marisa Tomei, John Carroll Lynch, Analeigh Tipton, and Jonah Bobo. This ensemble cast gives you the feelgood approach of a indie film without even being too sweet or too bitter. A perfect balance of comedy, drama, and human interest.

Everyone who knows me a little knows that I'm a sucker for a good comedy made with a keen script and capable actors. Put Julianne Moore in there and the stoic faced Steve Carell and you have this superb light hearted film full of subtility and wonderful performances. A must see.

3 comments:

  1. I thought the "big meeting" scene was absolutely hilarious, but overall I felt the movie was a little uneven. For example, right after this funny scene they bring it to a screeching halt and the movie becomes downbeat again. Even though I liked the end (best graduation present ever), I felt the movie would actually have been a little better if they had ended it with the scene of everyone meeting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I understand your point of view here. But I think that the point of the ending was to let it open for a happy one. After all, this is a feelgood movie...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Was i the only one who saw this piece of shit and hated myself in the end? One thing that stood.out from this movie is, if women cheat.its not because they did anything wrong but because their men weren't satisfying them as women and weren't man enough. Its apparent when his wife cheats and when his daughter cheats. That being said, the Asian side kick was coercing her friend to cheat for a "hotter" guy. Is the moral of the story ur entitled to a happy romantic ending if ur hot? Other than that, the buddy-'ship' between Cal and Jacob is touching especially during the big.fight scene but all in all that annoying "bat shit crazy" kid deserved to get kicked in the balls.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...