2011-12-23

Rio Grande

Rio Grande (John Ford, 1950)

Of the cavalry trilogy made by John Ford and John Wayne together, Rio Grande (the other two films being She Wore A Yellow Ribbon and Fort Apache) might be the deepest in meanings and one of Ford's most beautiful black and white pictures.

Rio Grande depicts family values, social effort, and the common all-American priciples that a good old John Ford film should bring on the screen.

I usually admire Ford's Westerns and I really enjoyed the two other installements of this trilogy. However, there was something that just didn't do it for me with Rio Grande. I was probably not in the mood for this kind of movie when I watched it. I should get back to this one some time later and do a triple bill of the whole cavalry concept and a good review of the film. I apologized for this lack of consistency here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...